Categories
Build Update

Build Update 20200502

The trailer is ready for the foundation!

We added over 40 gussets along the sides of the trailer. They are probably overkill, but I’d like to be a bit anal with this build. Once they were ready, we drilled a series of 3/4″ holes down each side to anchor the foundation to the trailer.

Small side note: this part sucked! By hole #2 I was ready to go buy a plasma cutter and melt the holes! I realize you’re supposed to go “low and slow” while drilling metal, however such is not possible with a hand-held drill. Sure, you can take your time with the drilling, however, conventional drill bit sets have such a huge jump in sizes after 1/4″. While I did end up switching to a step bit, it still took forever. In the end, I decided to burn through five or six step bits to get through the holes as quickly as possible. It worked, but I was sick from the fumes for a good two days.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *